Next 10 releases its new report featuring the Bay Area Climate Collaborative.
In “Bay to Market: Bay Area Innovations Leading Clean Technology Development,” Next 10 reports that the local culture of innovation, progressive policies, public-private partnerships, research institutions, the strong information technology sector and local investors are driving the region’s clean economy.
Key findings include:
- The Bay Area is developing and implementing advanced transportation technologies and the region leads the nation in electric vehicle adoption.
- EV research and development is very strong, as well as technology advancements that increase the efficiency of conventional cars.
- The region has one of the largest concentrations of energy storage companies in the world.
- The Bay Area is home to a growing number of companies that develop, test, and manufacture building energy-efficiency technologies.
- Regional stakeholders are supporting the installation of advanced energy efficiency technology in Bay Area buildings.