Bay Area Climate Collaborative interns gain valuable skills and experience in key clean energy work in the region, meet elected officials and business leaders, and develop their networks for new opportunities.
In addition to general day-to-day support activities, there are a number of different areas where interns can play an important role, including:
- Public communications such as op-eds, blogs, press releases, website
- Support and development of BACC operations and key processes
- Event planning, communications, and coordination
- Research on economic and/or CO2 reduction impacts of specific actions
- Attendance and logistical coordination of working groups in specific areas (EVs, green building, solar, etc)
- Fundraising support such as philanthropic and corporate funder research and materials preparation
Approximately 40% of this position will be dedicated to project-level work including targeted research, action area work, and fundraising support. The other 60% will be dedicated to daily office and communications support tasks. This is an uncompensated opportunity, and we look for a commitment of 2-3 months and at least 2 days a week.
Job opportunities in the field will be brought to the attention of coordinators and letters of reference offered for strong performance.